This downloadable Teacher’s Guide contains, all in one document:
- background briefing on eating disorders.
- detailed lesson plans utilising the PowerPoint (see below).
- short ‘Teacher’s Tips’ contextualised within the lessons.
- ideas for a creative extension lesson.
- signposting for further help.
This downloadable PowerPoint contains, all in one file:
- slides for the lessons.
- embedded videos which play within the slides of the PowerPoint.
Technical information. This is a 376Mb PowerPoint ppsx file with mp4 videos embedded (your school’s technical department will be able to ensure it works on your school system).
Develop expertise to deliver these lessons
FREE e-learning for all teachers. Provides background briefing and detailed training on using the lesson material. Can be completed in 90 minutes.
Build Your Own Lessons
Qualified teachers in bona-fide educational establishments in the UK who find that the media-rich fast-paced lessons above are not suitable for their particular students, are invited to download the worksheets, videos, and editable PowerPoint to build their own lessons, as long as they follow these three stipulations:
- You must follow pages 9 & 10 of the Beat media guidelines, particularly in regard to avoiding any references to weight (BMI) or inclusion of any images of emaciated body parts.
- You must ONLY use what you create within your own bona-fide educational establishment in the UK.
- You may not republish what you create in any form whatsoever, without prior approval in writing from Family Mental Wealth.
Download this file containing the worksheets, videos, and editable PowerPoint: